Friday, May 20, 2011

Iraq Post 1

Well, I arrived in Iraq two weeks ago tomorrow. The travel over was better then expected with emergency row seats all the way to Al Udeid. Woohoo. The last two weeks have been all about getting moved in, paper work done, and getting spun up and ready to instruct and advise the Iraqi's. Living quarters are about as good as you can get and will probably never get it this good again at a FOB (Forward Operations Base). I have my own room with A/C, full bathroom, fridge, and TV. There is a fair share of dust, sand, and mold but I can't complain. I just got internet hooked up in my room and started up two more Masters courses, so I have plenty to keep myself busy with. I have my first student sortie tomorrow with Lt. Saif. It will be his first sortie in the Iraqi pilot training program so....it should be interesting to say the least. I will try to start taking some pictures and updating the blog on a more regular basis. If you want to be able to skype with me you can look me up on skype by email patrick.weekly@gmail.com or you can search by my screen name...i think....which is patrick joseph weekly. Anyways, hope all is well where ever you are.

1 comment:

  1. When Ashley told me about your sweet living quarters, I just shook my head. Only Patrick.

    ReplyDelete